Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work, Life and Influences, by Bev Vincent

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

Hey Bev,

Don't know how I missed this. Looks like it's from last year. I have "The road to the Dark Tower" If I'm buying another Bev V book would this be the one you'd suggest most? Or the first version (with scans) of SK illustrated companion?

Thanks

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie_Marsten View Post
    Hey Bev,

Don't know how I missed this. Looks like it's from last year. I have "The road to the Dark Tower" If I'm buying another Bev V book would this be the one you'd suggest most? Or the first version (with scans) of SK illustrated companion?

Thanks
    The first one is out of print and quite expensive on the secondary market. This one covers all of King's books and includes the text of the original, so that'd be the way to go.

Along the Path of the Beam Herbie_Marsten is on a distinguished road Herbie_Marsten's Avatar

Thanks

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent has a reputation beyond repute Bev Vincent's Avatar

Matt Robinson and I chatted for -- hold onto your hats -- two hours a while back, and that conversation is now up on his Survivor Type podcast. What and who would I take to a desert island? Who would I sacrifice? What would I listen to? Find out here!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just now read a review of this in the JAN/FEB 2023 issue of F&SF.
    The reviewer liked it a lot.

I'd have seen it sooner but this mag and I had a REALLY strong divergence of opinions some years back, and although I had EVERY SINGLE ISSUE from 1949 until then, I stopped reading it, picking up an occasional issue now and then for old times sake and having to literally FORCE myself to read what had once been a great magazine. There has been no change, sadly, and I think I'll stop it cold now.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Hey Bev,

No mention of the influence from Joshua Ray, little known Horror Author that helped Stevie with topics like this, knives flying across kitchen, 58 Plymouth Fury, and the King's Dog Cujo, a St Bernard -- I guess that was all just Artistic license by Quantum Leap season 3: Bogeyman.

Ha, Ha

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just now read a review of this in the JAN/FEB 2023 issue of F&SF.
    The reviewer liked it a lot.

I'd have seen it sooner but this mag and I had a REALLY strong divergence of opinions some years back, and although I had EVERY SINGLE ISSUE from 1949 until then, I stopped reading it, picking up an occasional issue now and then for old times sake and having to literally FORCE myself to read what had once been a great magazine. There has been no change, sadly, and I think I'll stop it cold now.
    Thanks -- I didn't know about this review. I'll have to try to track it down.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is the young reader version still planned for september?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Yes -- I just received ARCs a couple of days ago. It's up for pre-order already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4