Well I have actually met Terry Goodkind and have his autograph twice in the same book - Legends! Yet, I have not read word one from this series. I intend to - just need to find the time!

Terry was in Betts Bookstore the day of the King Bag of Bones book signing. I was struggling trying to determine which two books to get signed. I knew The Stand (the complete version was going to be one book, but the second???? Stu Tinker told me the day before the signing that Terry Goodkind would be in the store signing (randomly - not to take away from King's event) and I decided to buy a copy of Legends and get that signed as my second King book. Terrry Goodkind sells all of his books signed at Betts - he is the only other author Stu really deals in (other than those that write about King of course)! I already owned Legends but did not have it with me so I bought it again (sold the original copy I had on ebay a few months later) and it was flat signed by Goodkind in purple ink. I met him while standing in line and asked him to personalize my copy - he did so with a quote from one of his books - something about truth and honor I think and he signed it again (to Bob of course) although in a differetn ink color, so I have his autograph in there twice and King's once!

A couple of years ago I was in Betts and was contemplating starting The Sword of Truth series although planning to do so in paperback version as I did not want to start collecting hardbacks from another author! Stu gave me a Plume version of the first book and said if I liked it I could buy the rest from him later on!

It's not the first time Stu has given me something from his store. The man is a class act I say! Maybe this will nudge me to make the time to start the series. Too many books to read and too little time I say!