Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie The Choo Choo Sales

Traveler jimbow is on a distinguished road

Dave sold one for $149.95, $237.45 (my copy), $249.95 and he has another up for $249.95.

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

So, how does all these copies rank among eachother. I would guess this:

1. Comic Con (did we decide if an unsigned or a signed was most valuable?)
    2. The cancelled UK S&S edition
    3. The limited UK signed edition
    4. The trade US and UK edition (not sure if there is a way to decide which of these are most valuable)
    5. The eBook version

Is this about right?

Lilja

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the paper and material used in the UK limited. Actually, nicely done in my opinion.

If you have both, take a moment and compare.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jon purchased one from eBay for £20.99.

Other recent ebay sales: $249.95, $237.45, $149.95. All by Dave from Overlook. And listed on Dave's site for $229.95. Not sure how many copies he has.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post

1. Comic Con (did we decide if an unsigned or a signed was most valuable?)
    2. The cancelled UK S&S edition
    3. The limited UK signed edition
    4. The trade US and UK edition (not sure if there is a way to decide which of these are most valuable)
    5. The eBook version

Is this about right?

Lilja
    I'd agree with that, Lilja. Although some may place the UK limited above the cancelled UK. IMO, Dave's sales are the anomaly as folks have reported only finding these copies at their local B&Ns, etc. And no telling how many have been picked up by non-collectors or for gifts, etc. at retail price.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post

1. Comic Con (did we decide if an unsigned or a signed was most valuable?) I prefer my signed copy by Stephen King and Beryl Evans. I like the Beryl Evans signature because that's the way it was issued. David sold an unsigned copy just last week for $999. Signed copies have dropped in price. I have both, a signed copy and an unsigned copy. but its definately the collectors preference.

2. The cancelled UK S&S edition. Love it! even better because i already owned it and almost bought one from Overlook!
    3. The limited UK signed edition. Like it, but who signed it? driving me crazy!
    4. The trade US and UK edition (not sure if there is a way to decide which of these are most valuable) UK edition even out yet? Mine is on back order.
    5. The eBook version

Is this about right?

Lilja

My opinions listed above.

Country
    Country Flag

I'd agree with your assessment also, Glenn. UK edition isn't due out til July of next year but is able for preorder. The one that is probably on back order for yourself.

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

My UK Limited arrived today, #634. It is very nice with a solid slipcase. Good production worth the money.

That being said, have we pretty much given up hope on finding out who signed it?
    I agree that at this point, if it was Somebody and not "somebody" it would have been announced. Why have an A-List signature and not flaunt it? Either way it is a very nice book that looks good on my shelf.
    And that is the important part.... right?
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

From Marsha about 15 minutes ago on the SKMB:

"Hodder will be posting info about the signer but I want to give them the first opportunity before making the announcement here tomorrow"

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

"Hodder will be posting info about the signer but I want to give them the first opportunity before making the announcement here tomorrow"
    Very, very interesting. That says to me it is a signature of some significance. Can't wait to find out!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Deeper down the rabbit hole we go!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

FACTS...
    Spoiler:
    King has been with Hodder & Stoughton now for 30 years & has been signing bookplates for them since 1994.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I'm not sure you can call it the UK 1st as its release was abandoned over here. We'll have to wait until July for the trade 1st and I assume the CP would be changed to 2017.
    The CP page for the slipcase edition is totally different and is printed and bound in Italy.
    Why couldn't it be described as "the relabeled version of the initially cancelled UK 1st Edition"?
    Why not call it The derailed choo choo?

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Spoiler:

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dang, I knew I should have ordered a copy, it seemed a reasonable enough price, but this whole book and the multi-editions just really got out of hand. It seems to be OOP at this point, at least I didn't have any luck finding it. Does anyone know any site that still has it available for US shipping for close to it's issue price?
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

My copy (from Waterstones) is in Chicago. Hope to receive it this week. Getting more interesting all the time!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No bar code ?!

Rare.... LOL - "This book has no barcode and was one of the extra copies not signed by Stephen King. Although from what I have read, even the 150 weren't signed by him, but by someone signing for Beryl Evans?"

" Being that it is not signed at all, it would be pretty cool to have this one signed by the real Stephen King making this 1 of 1 to be like that. Sure 1/150 signed by some other person is cool I guess."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charlie-the-...0AAOSwA3dYCR86

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    No bar code ?!

Rare.... LOL - "This book has no barcode and was one of the extra copies not signed by Stephen King. Although from what I have read, even the 150 weren't signed by him, but by someone signing for Beryl Evans?"

" Being that it is not signed at all, it would be pretty cool to have this one signed by the real Stephen King making this 1 of 1 to be like that. Sure 1/150 signed by some other person is cool I guess."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charlie-the-...0AAOSwA3dYCR86
    I made an offer on it for S&Gs. Seriously doubt it'll go for that (my offer).

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post

Intriguing.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Jon purchased one from eBay for £20.99.

Other recent ebay sales: $249.95, $237.45, $149.95. All by Dave from Overlook. And listed on Dave's site for $229.95. Not sure how many copies he has.
    There is another derailed Charlie up on ebay for $230.00 free shipping.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought one from Overlook

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I checked one of my local B&N stores and no go.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There was a seller on eBay selling 6 copies of the UK limited edition for GBP 49.99 - someone bought all 6

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    There was a seller on eBay selling 6 copies of the UK limited edition for GBP 49.99 - someone bought all 6
    CRAZY. I wish I had gotten one I could have used one with a slipcase. Oh well. I was given one by a GOOD friend from CD and I have to say.. what a wonderful little book. It really is
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast