Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire ******Spoilers!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I know, but it don't stop the fanfic freaks,
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    You guys make me want to read faster. I have an order to start first then I can go ride (on my day off no less)
    lol, you know you CAN read off the bike. I wish I could read on the treadmill, but I do the ones that move the treadmill, plus it's kinda jouncy to read while walking.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you reading our spoilers, Mo?

And I can't read while working out either. I've tried, but like Bruno said, it's too jouncy for me.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Breezy

and I despise audiobooks. I can't get into them like I do books.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to do the reading on the bike because otherwise I need to work. Multi-task or bust ya know? For those that dont know me I crochet and this is my busy season. Since I already have the alloted time to work out I'm not cutting into work time.

Erin you know me well enough to know that I AM reading your spoilers! You dont remember back before DT7? I was the Spoiler Queen

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its easier to read on the bike, but when I do intervals it gets rough!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah! Now that you mention that, I totally do.

I'm the same way, I read spoilers for everything. I'm horrible!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I accidentally read the wiki page so I kinda have an idea, but that was when I was still on book 1 so I dont remember all the names. I read all these spoilers too, but I'll forget them once I start reading anyway!

My Mood
    Breezy

i just started affc on my reread, I'm on page 40 or so. Where was this Arya meeting a Dayne? I want to go back and read it.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on Page 200ish and
    Last edited by Yeah Sure Whatever; 10-28-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spoiler

My Mood
    Breezy

and?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Wow, I just spent a good half hour reading an argument (I'd call it a discussion, but it wasn't) on GRRM's blog about whether or not he should include explicit m/m scenes in his books.

I'm a straight male. Not homophobic, maybe biased. But I do not want to see explicit m/m scenes in ASOIAF. I don't even like seeing the sex scenes that are in there, and just skim/skip them. Be it m/f, f/f, m/m; sex scenes for the most part are unneeded. I like how
    Spoiler:
    Dany's sex scenes were done. She needed release, she got it, nothing explicit about it. The Jaime/Cersei sex scene was a little icky, but not over the top. The Cersei gay sex scene was Over The Fucken TOP! I can agree it was needed to show how fucked up in the head Cersei is, but really people, WTF?
    I just don't want these books to turn into the Earth's Children series. When reading those books it got to the point I automatically skip like 3 pages every 15 pages or so. Damnit Jean Auel, get laid already.
    This was my main hesitation in letting Annabeth read them. But, I sorted out that her dad had been letting her watch South Park since she was like 4...
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Wow, I just spent a good half hour reading an argument (I'd call it a discussion, but it wasn't) on GRRM's blog about whether or not he should include explicit m/m scenes in his books.

I'm a straight male. Not homophobic, maybe biased. But I do not want to see explicit m/m scenes in ASOIAF. I don't even like seeing the sex scenes that are in there, and just skim/skip them. Be it m/f, f/f, m/m; sex scenes for the most part are unneeded. I like how
    Spoiler:
    Dany's sex scenes were done. She needed release, she got it, nothing explicit about it. The Jaime/Cersei sex scene was a little icky, but not over the top. The Cersei gay sex scene was Over The Fucken TOP! I can agree it was needed to show how fucked up in the head Cersei is, but really people, WTF?
    I just don't want these books to turn into the Earth's Children series. When reading those books it got to the point I automatically skip like 3 pages every 15 pages or so. Damnit Jean Auel, get laid already.
    This was my main hesitation in letting Annabeth read them. But, I sorted out that her dad had been letting her watch South Park since she was like 4...
    lol, http://xkcd.com/751/

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

and?
    And I dont know how to use the spoiler tag properly

My Mood
    Angelic

Highlight the text you want marked and then hit the little button to the upper right that looks like a movie reel.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

i just started affc on my reread, I'm on page 40 or so. Where was this Arya meeting a Dayne? I want to go back and read it.
    It's in A Storm of Swords when she meets up with Beric Dondarrion. I can't tell you the page because I have it on the Kindle and they don't do page numbers. But I just looked it up online and it looks like it's during Arya's 8th POV.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I think thats coming up for me, she's on her way now

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

And I'm on page 250

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Erin I was thinking of crocheting a cover for my reader something with Winter is Coming and maybe something like the HP Bag withe the shield

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah
    Spoiler:
    Tyrion is supposed to wed Sansa, I know that cant happen, but damn that poor girl

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That would really be awesome Mo. I'm considering getting something from you for my Kindle.

Also.......

Spoiler:
    Don't be so sure Sansa won't marry Tyrion.

My Mood
    Breezy

http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/sw...rk/prod_9.html

I'm thinking of buying the damascus edition of this sword, when it is released. At the same time, I'm thinking, 600 dollars plus can buy me that ar-15 I've been wanting, and I can actually use that. IDK, i don't want to pay so much for something that's just gonna hang on the wall.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow. That's so badass. But yeah, really pricey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast