Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2009) *Beware : Spoilers are now rampant!*

Banned Jimmy is on a distinguished road

Default Watchmen (2009) *Beware : Spoilers are now rampant!*

New pictures have been released from Zach Snyder's adaptation of Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons "Watchmen" film being released in 2009. For you Watchmen fans out there, you WILL recognize the locations in the pics, as well as the semi-blurred appearance of one of the main characters.

I am VERY happy to have seen these. Snyder's attention to detail only makes me know that this movie will be amazing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rorschach.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't wait to see what the Night Owl looks like.

This picture is from the official Watchmen movie site. If you look behind Zach Snyder you will see a blurry shot of the entire cast in costume.

It's the best we can do for right now.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

VERY cool pics! I hope they do Moore's masterpiece justice.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the pics Jimbo!

Thanks for looking at them. Laura can only take so many of my geekfest "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod" comic book moments before she snaps and kills me.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The two books I'm currently reading will be put on hold; I think it's time for a Watchmen re-read.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, awesome. I am just under halfway through the book now and absolutely loving it. This will make a great movie.

I hope.

Heng Dai

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this will be an amazing movie; Snyder's attention to detail and love of comics will make sure of that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We are reading Watchmen for my comics class and someone posted this. Pretty cool, I think. I hope the legalities get ironed out.

Heng Dai

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

From scifi.com

Butler Voices Watchmen's Freighter

Gerard Butler confirmed to Empire Magazine that he will lend his voice to Tales of the Black Freighter, the comic-within-a-movie that is part of Watchmen, the superhero film being directed by Butler's 300 helmer Zack Snyder.

The Scottish actor had been linked with a role in Watchmen for a long time, but when nothing materialized, it seemed likely that he wouldn't appear in the highly anticipated film, based on the seminal graphic novel by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

But Snyder hatched plans to film Tales of the Black Freighter, which tells the tale of a castaway's mental and physical deterioration and damnation as he tries to intercept a ghost freighter headed for his hometown, and include it on the Watchmen DVD as an extra. Butler's name surfaced once more.

"I'm going to do the voice of the captain," Butler told the magazine. "They're going to do it in the style of a Japanese anime, and I'm totally stoked. I actually read the script before reading the comic book, and I thought it was awesome. Then I read the comic book, and it's great. The little bits that have been added define it so much more. It's very dark, and there's just something so descriptive and scary. It's this descent into madness but explained in such a sane way that you totally feel it yourself. By the end, my heart was pumping!" Watchmen is slated to open March 6, 2009.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I think Swank and Perlman look more the part for their respective roles, and while I can't judge Swank's acting ability I think Perlman would have done a kickass job. Although I figure with makeup (just look at Sin City) anyone can look like anyone.

Robin Williams as Rorscach, though...pretty hard to see, although he has been doing some creepy roles. The current guy looks suitably freaky though.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Snyder posted photos of some of the main characters on his production blog today.

http://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Old Man Splitfoot is on a distinguished road

I think they guy they're getting to play Rorschach looks perfect. If his voice is gravely and creepy, he'll do great. I'm not to down with Nite Owl's costume, but I'm not going to bitch about it . . . I'll leave that the geeks on the Newsarama forums. Can't wait for this movie.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My only gripe is the guy playing Ozymandias, isn't he a little too....young?

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    My only gripe is the guy playing Ozymandias, isn't he a little too....young?
    I'm more worried about that uniform, blegh.

The only ones I'm happy with are Kovacs, Sally and Blake. Even though Blake looks like a tool with the fake looking white hair.

This was released today, and it is my new desktop background. There are no words to describe my happiness.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And now it's my cell phones new wallpaper!

I have blind faith in Snyder - I just know he's going to make this as amazing as possible.

The way this is gearing up, Snyder's going to get himself a few Oscars, and it's really going to raise the bar for other adapted films.

And The NY Times is reporting that 5 days after Watchmen is released, 2 DVD's will hit the shelves. "Tales of the Black Freighter." which will be animated and the lead voiced by Gerard Butler, and "Under the Hood." The article doesn't provide details about 'Under the Hood' other than to say it's been done documentary style. It draws on the back-page material of the comics, which presented the autobiography of the original Nite-Owl and will feature several segments.

Snyder also admitted that Watchmen will clock in at almost 3 hours long.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited. The trailer was good, and Watchmen was amazing. You should try rereading it.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast