TN and RF......Dan Simmons signing?
Which city?:P

tippy4
09-02-2013, 04:14 PM
LA?

Cook
09-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Already read it ;)

I didn't mean "reading" the novel..., I meant the three in-person events; New York the 24th, Colorado the 25th & Massachusetts the 26th

TwistedNadine
09-03-2013, 07:51 AM
LA?

Got a link for the dates/cities? Googled it but didnt find anything (didnt try real hard tho I figured someone here must know...)

herbertwest
09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Already read it ;)

Show off. And yet they wonder why americans hate the French.... LOL LOL J/K

Because we supposedly are arrogant basterds? :p

Randall Flagg
09-03-2013, 05:01 PM
LA?

Got a link for the dates/cities? Googled it but didnt find anything (didnt try real hard tho I figured someone here must know...)
Pretty sure nothing has been announced yet.
Simmons own website is terribly behind (last monthly post by Simmons was February). Simmons has made a few comments on his forum, but he is almost off the grid, and the publisher isn't featuring him at all.

TwistedNadine
09-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Signed up for the publisher's newsletter but didnt find an email address on that site

Lurker
09-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Try Mysterious Galaxy, Tattered Cover, Poisoned Pen

Ari_Racing
09-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Dan will probably announce the dates on his Facebook. As a matter of fact, his last post:

On Sept. 28, I'll be giving the main Keynote Address at the Writers' Digest Conference in L.A. --

http://www.writersdigestconference.com/ehome/61986/speaker/?&

Bev Vincent
09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Simmons' signing itinerary:

Wednesday, October 23 – Denver, CO The Tattered Cover Lodo Store
Thursday, October 24 – Boulder, CO The Boulder Bookstore
Monday, October 28th – Phoenix, AZ – The Poisoned Pen
Tuesday, October 29th – Redondo Beach, CA – Mysterious Galaxy
Wednesday, October 30th – Seattle, WA – Third Place Books

TwistedNadine
09-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Thanks Bev!

Merlin1958
09-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Already read it ;)

Show off. And yet they wonder why americans hate the French.... LOL LOL J/K

Because we supposedly are arrogant basterds? :p

It was just a joke on "stereo-types". LOL You're "OK" in my book!! Viva La French!!!

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Stephen King Europe TOUR !!!

http://stephenking.com/promo/doctor_sleep/european_book_tour.html

PARIS 13 + 16.11
München 19.11
HAMBURG 20.11

http://www.harbourfront-hamburg.com/media/transfer/img/king_special_1_960x333.jpg

Harbour Front Literaturfestival HAMBURG
http://www.harbourfront-hamburg.com/veranstaltung/stephen-king

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 08:38 AM
HAMBURG 20.11.13

herbertwest
09-12-2013, 10:06 AM
or France. i'll go to both events. getting a day of work for the signing :)

shaq
09-12-2013, 10:24 AM

One of them is my birthday....shame I have a major exam the week after or I would be there like a shot!

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 10:36 AM

You can inform us in Germany if Stephen King comes alone...
or he comes together with his family..:dance:

herbertwest
09-12-2013, 10:49 AM

One of them is my birthday....shame I have a major exam the week after or I would be there like a shot!

When King went to London, i soooo wanted to go. But i literally just started a new job (temporary job), and i didnt even ask my managers if i could take 1-2 days to attend to this event. I was 100% sure that they wouldnt accept.
I quite regret it now (at least ASKING), especially since the managers liked me.
Exams the week after. Well... you can revise while waiting... and King wont be coming often on this side of the pond. Especially since he aint getting younger...

You can inform us in Germany if Stephen King comes alone...
or he comes together with his family..:dance:

Am sure that he will come with his wife in Paris. Would be silly not to ;-)

There are 2 books that i would LOVE to get signed :
- my UK proof of DOCTOR SLEEP
- my french review copy of CARRIE.
But i guess that i could only get 1 copy signed at the signing event. Hope that there will be a VIP event with the publisher :)

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes, think with Tabitha.

This is one of the possible CCH hall´s in Hamburg.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQC638EJlYFzI130PHLJwfvAw5Q7d2if A_GN0f8oJt13KN061nvRg

This is the 3.biggest in the CCH.
http://www.livekritik.de/veranstaltungsorte/cch-saal-2-hamburg-messe/

The Library Policeman
09-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Looks like I'll be going to Paris. :) I hope I don't have any problems ordering tickets from the UK for the Paris event though!!

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.stephenking.com/news_archive/article412.html

0MsMod1 Mod Ariel
• 3 hours ago
That's correct--no book signing in Germany.

Ben Staad
09-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Seeing him in person is still pretty cool. Have fun and maybe there still will be a chance to score a signed book.

http://www.stephenking.com/news_archive/article412.html

0MsMod1 Mod Ariel
• 3 hours ago
That's correct--no book signing in Germany.

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Bei dieser Veranstaltung gibt es keine Signierstunde.
Stephen King wird jedoch vorab einige Exemplare von
“Doctor Sleep” signieren, die am Büchertisch vor Ort
erhältlich sein werden. Da die Anzahl der signierten
Bücher berenzt ist, entscheidet das Losverfahren.

There are pre signed DOCTOR SLEEP books available... LOTTERY

herbertwest
09-13-2013, 01:36 AM

Same : 100 copies. But apparently the first event, for which i'll take a day off work to get in line, will be a signing. More details to come soon

Stockerlone
09-13-2013, 01:55 AM

Same : 100 copies. But apparently the first event, for which i'll take a day off work to get in line, will be a signing. More details to come soon

For Hamburg, no infos how many pre signed books.

Stockerlone
09-13-2013, 01:56 AM

For Hamburg, no infos how many pre signed books.

Scoogs
09-13-2013, 02:48 PM

Let me know what you find out for Paris.
A couple of friends are working there for the next couple of years, so I may try to have them go for me.

herbertwest
09-14-2013, 01:21 AM
So far we have all the details for the saturday event (room capacity seems to be around 2,800 people. reading + Q/A, no signing, but 100 presigned books given away randomly, tickets go for sale on monday, 10am, Paris time). Details of the wednesday signing event are not know yet.

I've got loads of french people asking me for infos, so the best is to shoot me private message. every 2 weeks for instance ^^

Room 217 Caretaker
09-14-2013, 03:37 AM
Wow! I sure do have an issue with this whole random hand out of signed books. I hope after these events when we see one guy selling a bunch of them on Ebay, someone investigates to see if he is one of the people that was supposed to hand out the books.

My point.......it just seems to easy for a worker or volunteer to set aside the signed books, hand out the unsigned books, and simply walk out with the signed books to resell.

Sorry...just rambling this morning before having my coffee. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

Ralph

carlosdetweiller
09-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Wow! I sure do have an issue with this whole random hand out of signed books. I hope after these events when we see one guy selling a bunch of them on Ebay, someone investigates to see if he is one of the people that was supposed to hand out the books.

My point.......it just seems to easy for a worker or volunteer to set aside the signed books, hand out the unsigned books, and simply walk out with the signed books to resell.

Sorry...just rambling this morning before having my coffee. Ignore the man behind the curtain.

Ralph

Yes. Reminiscent of the fiasco at Grant Books with the lack of proper distribution of the books with Whelan drawings in them.

Rahfa
09-14-2013, 06:26 AM
Agree - not even for the potential for shenanigans, but just because it's a silly way of doing it.

You can say random is "fair," but I'd be pretty raw if the people in front or back of me got a signed book and I didn't....it sets up aggravation and bad feeling.

First-come, first-served has worked fine since forever.

tippy4
09-14-2013, 09:47 AM
I dunno if first come, fist served works for this.

I doubt the event organizers want people camping out the night before...and people would do it if that was the case.

I am going to the Colorado event, and I have no guarantees of a book...and I am OK with that given the tickets were like $40.

Someone refresh my memory...how many tickets, and how many signed books (not sure if either is known).

This LINK (http://www.chautauqua.com/venues.auditorium.html) says the place holds 1,300 people....but I doubt that they are filling the place.

SEATING CHART (http://chautauqua.com/images/ChautauquaSeatingChart.jpg)

Rahfa
09-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah, that's true too, about long lines of people, etc...nothing will be perfect, but I guess I just don't like the random nature of it.

But - like you say, for $40, you're getting a book, plus the presentation...so it's not like you're overpaying. From that perspective the organizers don't really owe anybody anything.

EXPLORER
09-14-2013, 12:39 PM
We all want guarantees... However there are few in life... so cherish the opportunities.

burial
09-15-2013, 01:06 AM
me and four of my friends will try be in Paris and Germany (both places) for all events :)
currently we are looking for a place to stay in Paris between 13 and 16 of November, but even if we have to sleep on the street we will be there!

Maybe someone know if the tickets will be available for foreign fans, or do I need a domestic address?

herbertwest
09-15-2013, 05:24 AM
I guess that anyone could order the tickets, but i aint sure.
The tivkets for the saturday event goes for sale tomorrow (monday) @ 10am, Paris time. For some reason i thought that it was 1pm (!)
via 1 of those 2 links :
http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-spectacle/manifestation/Conference-STEPHEN-KING-KING.htm
http://www.legrandrex.com/home.php

Regarding the place to stay... i am sorry that i cant help, especially with 5 people.

Stockerlone
09-15-2013, 06:02 AM
me and four of my friends will try be in Paris and Germany (both places) for all events :)
currently we are looking for a place to stay in Paris between 13 and 16 of November, but even if we have to sleep on the street we will be there!

Maybe someone know if the tickets will be available for foreign fans, or do I need a domestic address?

Great, then i see you again... in HAMBURG !

Think all the infos about ... domestic address come out tomorrow... but i think ... NO.

EXPLORER
09-15-2013, 08:36 AM
RE; PARIS SIGNING: Has there been any word about only signing Dr. Sleep or might other books/items be signed?

My wife showed an additional spark of interest when I mentioned a Paris event.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-15-2013, 09:41 AM
RE; PARIS SIGNING: Has there been any word about only signing Dr. Sleep or might other books/items be signed?

If the last UK tour is anything to judge by, he will sign anything put in front of him. At each venue he signed 2 items per person.

Kingfan24
09-15-2013, 09:43 AM
It kind of irks me that he will actually be signing books for people on the European tour but not the American "Tour"

tippy4
09-15-2013, 09:56 AM
I imagine our European friends are irked King rarely comes to Europe at all.

And besides...he will be signing books in the American "Tour"....just over the border in Canada.

Kingfan24
09-15-2013, 10:02 AM
I imagine our European friends are irked King rarely comes to Europe at all.

And besides...he will be signing books in the American "Tour"....just over the border in Canada.

I think that is just part of the game - just like J.K. Rowling does most of her signing in the U.K. - but when she does do signings she actually signs.

bdwyer19
09-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Having never been to a King reading or signing, I find it interesting that those fortunate enough to go, still find plenty to bitch about. So what if he didn't sign enough books, or the book you wanted, etc. Just enjoy it for what it is!

The Library Policeman
09-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Having never been to a King reading or signing, I find it interesting that those fortunate enough to go, still find plenty to bitch about. So what if he didn't sign enough books, or the book you wanted, etc. Just enjoy it for what it is!

Very much this. This may be the last chance I ever get to see Stephen King (signing or not) and in a beautiful city to boot!! Cannot wait.

Kingfan24
09-15-2013, 11:06 AM

I'm not complaining about him signing enough books or any books, but if you do one thing for a European tour you should do the same for your U.S. tour. I'm not one to resell an item for 20X the price I got it at so i could care less if I end up with 1 signed or 5 signed. They will be staying in my collection regardless.

biomieg
09-15-2013, 11:40 AM
... but if you do one thing for a European tour you should do the same for your U.S. tour...

Why?

carlosdetweiller
09-15-2013, 11:54 AM
... but if you do one thing for a European tour you should do the same for your U.S. tour...

Why?

My thought exactly.

bdwyer19
09-15-2013, 12:03 PM

Why?

My thought exactly.

You beat me to it :)

Rahfa
09-15-2013, 12:12 PM

Pfff....it's not a signing if you don't get a book signed. So how do you enjoy it for what it is, if it isn't anything?

I agree that you roll the dice, and play the game and whatever happens, happens, and then you can't really complain...but the whole "how can anyone bitch about it!" like SK is a religious messiah granting us words of wisdom also strikes me as silly. He's selling a product, and this is a book tour to promote sales - not a church supper.

bdwyer19
09-15-2013, 12:20 PM

Pfff....it's not a signing if you don't get a book signed. So how do you enjoy it for what it is, if it isn't anything?

I agree that you roll the dice, and play the game and whatever happens, happens, and then you can't really complain...but the whole "how can anyone bitch about it!" like SK is a religious messiah granting us words of wisdom also strikes me as silly. He's selling a product, and this is a book tour to promote sales - not a church supper.

It's a reading, with a chance to walk out with a signed book. You're sitting in an auditorium hearing him talk. That's why I'm saying enjoy it for what it is. No, SK is not a messiah, but some people would rather bitch that he's not doing exactly what they want, when in reality he's there to read and promote his book, and nothing else.

Br!an
09-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I like the differences. Go to the one you want.

If we're going to make rules then I think the rule should be that King do a signing near my house.

The Library Policeman
09-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Just got tickets for the Grand Rex event in Paris. :D

Tito_Villa
09-16-2013, 03:33 AM
Congrats Alan, very jealous ... i think i'll be having a few drinks in Mexico that day :/

herbertwest
09-16-2013, 03:39 AM

So far, there is absolutely NO informations on the signing. Simply the date : wednesday 13th. Sorry.

Got my tix for the saturday event :)

burial
09-16-2013, 03:43 AM
Our pack of 5 got tickets for the Grand Rex in Paris... see you there!

The Library Policeman
09-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Congrats Alan, very jealous ... i think i'll be having a few drinks in Mexico that day :/

Thanks Tom, although Mexico with your new wife is a pretty good reason to miss the event. :)

The Library Policeman
09-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Planning on going over for the signing on the 13th and leaving the day after the Grand Rex event on Sunday 17th. Flights are very reasonable by the looks of it. Any budget hotel reccomendations, Jeremy??

EXPLORER
09-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Planning on going over for the signing on the 13th and leaving the day after the Grand Rex event on Sunday 17th. Flights are very reasonable by the looks of it. Any budget hotel reccomendations, Jeremy??
You might consider airbnb . We have used in US with good results; good values , good apts.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Paris--France?checkin=11%2F12%2F2013&checkout=11%2F17%2F2013&guests=2&sw_lat=48.60200300266805&sw_lng=2.0613299186345557&ne_lat=48.93857979664497&ne_lng=2.4561510856267432&search_by_map=true

Stockerlone
09-16-2013, 05:37 AM
Tickets for Hamburg 20.11. ordered and confirmed. :panic:
A friend informed me that arround 1000 tickets are pre-reservated for PRESS etc.

The Library Policeman
09-16-2013, 06:00 AM
You might consider airbnb . We have used in US with good results; good values , good apts.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Paris--France?checkin=11%2F12%2F2013&checkout=11%2F17%2F2013&guests=2&sw_lat=48.60200300266805&sw_lng=2.0613299186345557&ne_lat=48.93857979664497&ne_lng=2.4561510856267432&search_by_map=true

Thanks Jim! Looks great. I shall check it out.

ChristineB
09-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Any news on if the flooding in Colorado is going to affect the reading there? Just curious, since I am not going.

EXPLORER
09-16-2013, 07:17 PM
It appears they are open and holding other events this week at Colorado Chautauqua
This was posted on their Facebook page 10 hours ago

Only three days left until the world premiere of REEL ROCK 8! Be sure to arrive early to enjoy the beer garden, sponsor booths and mingling with climbing fans.
A couple tickets remain, but don't wait too long! Tickets.chautauqua.com

herbertwest
09-17-2013, 03:08 AM

Actually, i dont... because as i live in Paris, i never really looked at hotels.
I would recommend you to look on tripadvisor for instance for hotels? And bnb doesnt look bad either.
Otherwise, youth hostels if you are 5 and want something of a low budget.

A few links you may want to look at, for "youth hostels" (auberge de jeunesse)
http://www.aijparis.com/framea.htm
http://www.aubergedejeunesseparis.net/
http://www.hostels.com/fr/paris/france
http://www.french.hostelworld.com/Auberges-de-Jeunesse/Paris/France

Ari_Racing
09-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Dan Simmons' signing tour:

THE ABOMINABLE book tour schedule redux --

Finalized Schedule for Dan Simmons's October book tour for THE ABOMINABLE --

EVENTS

Wednesday, October 23 – Denver, The Tattered Cover (Lodo store) at 7:30 PM
Thursday, October 24 – Boulder, The Boulder Bookstore at Boulder 7:30 PM
Monday, October 28 – Phoenix, The Poisoned Pen at 7:00 PM
Tuesday, October 29 – Redondo Beach, CA, Mysterious Galaxy at 7:30 PM
Wednesday, October 30 – Seattle WA, Third Place Books at 7:00 PM

The Library Policeman
09-18-2013, 05:57 AM
These arrived FAST from France. Ordered online on Monday, arrived today!

Also booked an apartment for 5 nights yesterday. Just flights to sort out now. :excited:

jhanic
09-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Wonderful, Alan!

John

The Library Policeman
09-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Thanks, John. This'll be my first time seeing King speak. So excited!!

burial
09-18-2013, 06:41 AM
These arrived FAST from France. Ordered online on Monday, arrived today!

Also booked an apartment for 5 nights yesterday. Just flights to sort out now. :excited:

Well... I was surprised too... My tickets arrived today :)

TwistedNadine
09-18-2013, 07:47 AM
Someone refresh my memory...how many tickets, and how many signed books (not sure if either is known).

Venue seats 1300 people and they were sold out but who knows if they actually sold 1300 tickets.
Last info I had they were hoping to have 400 signed books to distribute but sounded like the final number was going to be up to King. One guy said 200-400.
I quit calling 'cause it was pissing off some members here (snicker). Actually I quit calling because they dont seem to have a clue and things will be different the day of the event anyway.

TwistedNadine
09-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Any news on if the flooding in Colorado is going to affect the reading there? Just curious, since I am not going.

No change to the event but the road to the Stanley is closed. Im sure its being discussed elsewhere on the site (Im catching up after a few days).
Im not cancelling my Tues reservations yet hoping they clear the road by then. One web site said there is a road open being used by the utility/repair vehicles so I have my fingers crossed.

TwistedNadine
09-18-2013, 07:59 AM
he will be signing books in the American "Tour"....just over the border in Canada.

The other day I realized the Doctor Sleep's in Canada will probably be 2nd printings. I think Ill bring along a couple of 1st printings with me to Canada just in case.

redsoxfan565
09-18-2013, 01:13 PM
If anyone is interested, Thomas Keneally, author of Schindler's Ark (book which became Spielberg's Schindler's List) will be doing an event 9/23 in NYC at 7:30 PM
CENTER FOR FICTION
in conversation with Sheridan Hay
17 E. 47th Street
New York, NY 10017

WeDealInLead
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM
he will be signing books in the American "Tour"....just over the border in Canada.

The other day I realized the Doctor Sleep's in Canada will probably be 2nd printings. I think Ill bring along a couple of 1st printings with me to Canada just in case.

TN, I think we'll be fine for Toronto. I'm yet to see a second printing of a new King hardcover here. Long after FD,NS was into second printing in the US, the first was still the only printing on the shelves. They were heavily discounted too, at $5 each, without the remainder mark. Also to consider is that King will sign only one book you put in front of him and it can be any book. Doctor Sleep will already be pre-signed.

I'll bring a couple extras too but I think we'll be fine.

EXPLORER
09-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Interesting.. Thanks.

TwistedNadine
09-19-2013, 07:11 AM
TN, I think we'll be fine for Toronto. I'm yet to see a second printing of a new King hardcover here. Long after FD,NS was into second printing in the US, the first was still the only printing on the shelves. They were heavily discounted too, at $5 each, without the remainder mark. Also to consider is that King will sign only one book you put in front of him and it can be any book. Doctor Sleep will already be pre-signed.
I'll bring a couple extras too but I think we'll be fine.

Hey I didnt know Doctor Sleep would be pre-signed. Did you find that out by calling them? I was under the impression Dr Sleep +1 signed in person. Looking at the site it has no mention of a signing at the event at all which is a little disturbing but at the same time understandable. Ill follow your lead, WDIL and bring a couple extra 1st Dr Sleeps just in case but it will not be the book I have signed if there is only one signed in person.

WeDealInLead
09-19-2013, 07:18 AM
Yep, last time I called a couple months back the guy running the show said Doctor Sleep will be pre-signed and there will be a one hour long signing after the Q&A. He seemed pretty confident about the info.

edited for additional information:
http://pencanada.ca/news/stephen-king-and-owen-king-to-headline-pen-canada-benefit/

Scroll down to comments and you'll see a reply from Brendan. He's the event organizer.

TwistedNadine
09-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Ahh thanks very much. I also didnt know the signed Dr Sleeps were going to be for sale. Im getting my events mixed up. Like NY, MA and Co I thot the ticket purchase included a Dr Sleep. I assumed at this event we then stood in line to get it plus another book signed.
Appreciate the info WDIL. Do let us know if you hear anything else that might be helpful.

WeDealInLead
09-19-2013, 08:15 AM
I hope there isn't a last minute change so I don't end up looking like an ass in front of everyone here.

EXPLORER
09-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Yep, last time I called a couple months back the guy running the show said Doctor Sleep will be pre-signed and there will be a one hour long signing after the Q&A. He seemed pretty confident about the info.

edited for additional information:
http://pencanada.ca/news/stephen-king-and-owen-king-to-headline-pen-canada-benefit/

Scroll down to comments and you'll see a reply from Brendan. He's the event organizer.

OOOO I do need to slow down & read things closer here.. For a minute I thought our "Friend" Brennan was signing for King...

redsoxfan565
09-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Received an email from Harvard this morning. A little disappointing to hear, but King will only be signing 250 books for the Harvard event. Which means, according to Ms. Mod over at the SK website, he will sign the same amount at each stop.

EXPLORER
09-20-2013, 06:55 AM
A Message from Harvard Book Store:
Below you will find important information about ticketing, seating, and book distribution for our event with Stephen King on Friday, September 27.
Please make sure everyone in your party has an individual ticket with barcode (printable at the bottom of this message).

If your question isn't answered below, please e-mail it to info@harvard.com.

Location and access

Where is the event?
The event will take place at Harvard’s Memorial Church (not to be confused with Harvard’s Memorial Hall). Memorial Church is located in Harvard Yard, across from Widener Library. Map: http://goo.gl/maps/KSqbE

What time do doors open?
The doors will open at approximately 6:00 PM. We plan to get started at 7:00 PM.

Is there parking or a special drop-off area for the event?
There is no reserved parking at the event. If you’re planning on arriving by car, there are several parking garages in Harvard Square: http://www.harvardsquare.com/maps.aspx. Widener Gate, across the street from Panera on Massachusetts Avenue, will be open to those who need to be dropped off by car for the event.

Is there a separate wheelchair-accessible entrance?
There is a wheelchair-accessible entrance on the north side of the church, facing Canaday Hall. An elevator is available. Harvard Book Store staff will be on hand to provide directions and assistance as needed. Please plan to arrive early so we can accommodate any special needs. E-mail us ahead of time at info@harvard.com with any questions or concerns.

Tickets

What do I need to get in to the event?
Have your ticket with scannable barcode (or QR code) out and ready to be scanned as you approach the doors to the church. Print out your scannable barcodes from this email (via the “Print Tickets” button at the bottom of this page), or load your ticket via the EventBrite app on a smartphone.

My party is arriving separately. Does each attendee need a separate barcode for admission?
Yes. Please make sure that each member of your party is holding an individual scannable barcode when they approach the entrance to the church. No one will be admitted to the event without an individual ticket with barcode.

Seating

Is it numbered or open seating?
The event will have open seating, on a first-come, first-served basis.

Once I’ve entered the church, can I leave and come back in?
No. Once your ticket has been scanned there will be no re-entry.

How large is the venue?
The Memorial Church seats approximately 1,000 people, including balcony seating.

Where will Stephen King be standing for the reading?
Stephen King will be standing at the golden eagle podium at the front of the church. Please note that some of the seats have obstructed views of the podium.

During the event

Can I take photos?
Absolutely no photos are allowed while Stephen King is presenting, as it is distracting to the speaker and disruptive to your fellow attendees. Thanks for your understanding!

Will Stephen King be signing books?
There will not be a public signing at this event, but Mr. King will be pre-signing 250 books. Signed copies will be randomly distributed to ticket-holders at the end of the talk.

Will Stephen King be answering questions?
The evening will include time for Q&A. We look forward to your questions! Please keep questions short so we can take as many as possible.

Where are the restrooms?
The restrooms are located to the left and down the stairs as you’re entering the church. Restrooms are also accessible by the elevator at the back of the hall.

Books for attendees

When will I get the book that was included in my ticket?
Your copies of Doctor Sleep will be distributed at the end of the event as you are exiting the church.

Are the books first edition?
Yes, all copies of Doctor Sleep available at the event will be first editions.

What are my chances of getting a signed book?
Stephen King will be pre-signing 250 copies of Doctor Sleep. They will be distributed randomly to ticket-holders at the end of the event. Good luck!

Will other Stephen King books be available for sale?
There will be unsigned, paperback copies of The Shining for sale after the event, as well as additional copies of Doctor Sleep.

I bought tickets, but am not sure I will be able to make it to the event. Will I still be able to get my copy of the book?
Yes. You will still be able to get an (unsigned) copy of the book beginning Monday, September 30 at noon. To pick up your copy after the event, come visit us at the bookstore at 1256 Massachusetts Ave between September 30 and November 1 and present your printable ticket to a bookseller to receive your copy. We can also arrange to have your book shipped, but shipping costs will apply.
Stephen King reads from and discusses Doctor Sleep
Hosted by Harvard Book Store
Friday, September 27, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
The Memorial Church, 1 Harvard Yard, Cambridge, MA 02138 | Directions

TwistedNadine
09-20-2013, 08:48 AM
according to Ms. Mod over at the SK website, he will sign the same amount at each stop.
If true thats very discouraging

I hope there isn't a last minute change so I don't end up looking like an ass in front of everyone here.
There will be last minute changes, always are, but I wont blame you for them

Gris
09-20-2013, 09:34 AM
This also might be a statement to cover their ass. Setting a minimum number so people know what to expect. It doesn't mean that he won;t sign more if time, and inclination, permits.

EXPLORER
09-20-2013, 09:37 AM
This also might be a statement to cover their ass. Setting a minimum number so people know what to expect. It doesn't mean that he won;t sign more if time, and inclination, permits.
They most likely have already been signed, sent and delivered to the various venues.

Ricky
09-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Lemony Snicket Signing - October 16th, 2013 (http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/81013)

I'll be there!

Merlin1958
09-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that's true too, about long lines of people, etc...nothing will be perfect, but I guess I just don't like the random nature of it.

But - like you say, for $40, you're getting a book, plus the presentation...so it's not like you're overpaying. From that perspective the organizers don't really owe anybody anything.

I'm unsure as to whether this event is for the benefit of a charity, but if so they probably could have charged an extra $10-20 for a ticket that entitled you to a book and therefore eliminated the "randomness" and made a couple extra bucks for the charity.

tippy4
09-20-2013, 08:07 PM
They most likely have already been signed, sent and delivered to the various venues.

That does not seem logical. Shipping the books to King, he signs them, repacks them, and ships them to the venue.

What seems more logical is that he would show up at the event two hours early, and the books would be waiting there for him to sign.

Not saying that you are wrong...just that it would be less work for King and or his staff if he just did the signing at the venue.

Stephen King will be pre-signing 250 copies of Doctor Sleep. They will be distributed randomly to ticket-holders at the end of the event. Good luck!

That does not really answer the question.

If they had given the number of seats sold, it would have.

EXPLORER
09-20-2013, 09:24 PM
REGARDING PRESIGNED

You could be right Tippy4... I was thinking of how with two of the events one night after another and are miles apart...
Figured, after traveling that far, I might not feel like pre-signing a bunch of books.. What do I know though.. ?

I remember attending an event in New York with pre-signed copies of The Best American Short Stories where they appeared to be opening the cases of books as they sold them.
I suppose he may have signed those that day and they just put back in the boxes.
Whatever is/was done... there will likely be a great percentage disappointed.

Br!an
09-21-2013, 04:11 AM

That does not really answer the question.

If they had given the number of seats sold, it would have.

"How large is the venue?
The Memorial Church seats approximately 1,000 people, including balcony seating."

250 signed books for 1000 people.

Randall Flagg
09-21-2013, 04:22 AM
The Colorado event seats 1,300. Ouch!

tippy4
09-21-2013, 11:22 AM
So it seats 1300...but do we know if 1300 tickets were sold?

The only reason I ask, is that those tickets sold out pretty damn fast...and people were willing to pay a whole lot on the secondary market (up to $195 per ticket).....it makes me wonder if less than 1300 we sold.

Randall Flagg
09-21-2013, 11:42 AM
So it seats 1300...but do we know if 1300 tickets were sold?

The only reason I ask, is that those tickets sold out pretty damn fast...and people were willing to pay a whole lot on the secondary market (up to $195 per ticket).....it makes me wonder if less than 1300 we sold.
I don't know the official number of tickets sold, but it seems illogical to not sell/give away enough tickets to fill the venue. I hope there are only 500 people but you know the old saying...wish in one hand, shit in the other, and see which hand fills up first.

tippy4
09-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I agree...it does seem illogical not to fill the venue.....but as you said...one can wish I suppose.

George at C-Springs
09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
I saw them for $200 and $250 on Craigslist and StubHub. Crazy!

Rahfa
09-21-2013, 06:32 PM
So weird how some events are huge, and others are really low-key.

People are paying $200 for tix to one event, but when he was at the JFK Library, signed books weren't even all sold...there certainly weren't 1K people there...

But when I saw him at Harvard a few years back, it seemed like he sold for the whole room....1000 books? Madness!

Roseannebarr
09-22-2013, 06:59 AM
So weird how some events are huge, and others are really low-key.

People are paying $200 for tix to one event, but when he was at the JFK Library, signed books weren't even all sold...there certainly weren't 1K people there...

But when I saw him at Harvard a few years back, it seemed like he sold for the whole room....1000 books? Madness!

In Savannah Georgia they couldn't even sell 400 signed books. In Boston Lowell, they had over 3000 attend in a giant dome, but only sold 150 Vip tickets because they marketed incorrectly they were targeting alumni and university personnel but word never got out to the King community.

Ari_Racing
09-22-2013, 07:08 AM
During the Under the Dome event in NYC on November 9th, 2009, there were 250 copies signed for 350 people attending. They didn't sell several copies, to the point I was able to purchase 4 extra copies and so were most of the people with me, and more copies were available (I didn't have any more space!).

Stockerlone
09-22-2013, 07:08 AM
In München 3000 seats and 100 pre-signed books.
In Hamburg for 3500 seats maybe more then 100 signed books .:nana:

Ben Staad
09-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Woot! Best of luck.

In München 3000 seats and 100 pre-signed books.
In Hamburg for 3500 seats maybe more then 100 signed books .:nana:

The Library Policeman
09-23-2013, 05:09 AM
Paris signing:

Stephen will be doing a book signing on Wednesday the 13th of November from 13:00 till 15:00 at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. This will not be a ticketed event and will be on a first-come, first-served basis so we, therefore, cannot guarantee that all who attend will be able to have a book signed if there are still fans waiting in line after 15:00. To accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be a one book per person limit. Fans may either bring the one book from their personal collection or purchase a book from MK2 at the event.

herbertwest
09-23-2013, 05:14 AM
2 hours...

Gris
09-23-2013, 06:38 AM
During the Under the Dome event in NYC on November 9th, 2009, there were 250 copies signed for 350 people attending. They didn't sell several copies, to the point I was able to purchase 4 extra copies and so were most of the people with me, and more copies were available (I didn't have any more space!).

Exactly. I'm hoping it's the same way this time. Not only did we get extra books, but it gave us all a chance to chat while we waited for us to get through the line again.

Amber and I also got only a couple extra. But that is because I had every single Mark Stutzman illustrated book I owned with me :D

This year I am filling a backpack with other backpacks and hoping for the same exact situation.

TwistedNadine
09-23-2013, 07:26 AM
Received this morning from Chautauqua Box Office:

"Post event book distribution
Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed.
You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

1300 potential guests, 250 signed books. Ouch

Randall Flagg
09-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Less than a 1/5 chance. Oh well, too late to cancel now.

Merlin1958
09-23-2013, 09:50 AM

You can always hang out by the Rest Rooms, J!!!! LOL As I recall, you have done very well for yourself there!! LOL J/K :redface:

Ari_Racing
09-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Exactly. I'm hoping it's the same way this time. Not only did we get extra books, but it gave us all a chance to chat while we waited for us to get through the line again.

Amber and I also got only a couple extra. But that is because I had every single Mark Stutzman illustrated book I owned with me

This year I am filling a backpack with other backpacks and hoping for the same exact situation.

GOOD LUCK, Craig! :) Hope you get many copies!

George at C-Springs
09-23-2013, 11:29 AM

"Post event book distribution Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed. You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

Aw c'mon ... it's not like everyone attending doesn't have an S/L (or two ... or three) coming anyway! I'm attending even though I know I won't get a book (happily agreed to a devil's bargain); I just want to hear King speak, meet all of you, and spend a night at the Stanley! Without my kids!

Kingfan24
09-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Just received this for the NY Event -

We are excited for our event with Stephen and Owen King tomorrow at 7:30pm!

Please note, your program for the event will serve as a voucher for a hard cover copy of Doctor Sleep by Stephen King (limit one book per person). Books will be distributed after the event, so please keep your program with you. If you do not have your program at hand, you will not receive a copy of Doctor Sleep. Extra unsigned copies of Doctor Sleep, and Double Feature by Owen King will be available for purchase.

We look forward to seeing you at the event. The entrance to the theater is located at 524 West 59th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues. Doors will open at 7:00pm.

Thanks,

The Center for Fiction Staff

This doesn't bode well for multiple ticket holders trying to get books for those who cannot attend.

tippy4
09-23-2013, 02:45 PM
This doesn't bode well for multiple ticket holders trying to get books for those who cannot attend.

I think the spirit of the email is that it is one book per ticket....not per person.

If a person goes with eight tickets...they will get eight programs, and then eight books.

Someone should call to confirm....but I can't imagine they would deny someone with a ticket a book.

tippy4
09-23-2013, 02:54 PM

Included with your ticket is a first edition copy of Stephen King's "Doctor Sleep." Books will be distributed at the end of the event upon exiting the venue with your validated ticket. 250 autographed books will be randomly distributed.
You must be present to pick up your book. There is no post-event pick up. Other books by Mr. King including "The Shining" and additional copies of "Doctor Sleep" will be available for sale at the event."

Crap....just what I was disputing at the New York Event in my last post.

And I just found out my brother in law cannot make it....so now I have a ticket that may be worthless.

Kingfan24
09-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm really hoping that it's one per ticket at NYC

Gris
09-23-2013, 04:37 PM
For those going to the NYC event...

If you want to meet up in line waiting to enter, or get drinks or food after the show, shoot me an email. trunzoc@gmail.com

Pasiuk57
09-23-2013, 05:34 PM
If anyone wants to sell a signed one, keep me in mind!
Can't make it to NY....

Randall Flagg
09-23-2013, 06:12 PM

I think the spirit of the email is that it is one book per ticket....not per person.

If a person goes with eight tickets...they will get eight programs, and then eight books.

Someone should call to confirm....but I can't imagine they would deny someone with a ticket a book.
Or walk in and out 8 times to get 8 programs if they are being twits about it.

EXPLORER
09-23-2013, 06:48 PM

Or walk in and out 8 times to get 8 programs if they are being twits about it.

We've been contemplating that scenerio....... as well as inviting friends that are coming to bring friends.
If that does not work there are a number of people on the streets who might like a comfortable seat for a couple hours.

Br!an
09-24-2013, 03:40 AM
I think some of you might be misreading the announcement. "You must be present to pick up your book" simply means that there must be a person present at the event to pick up the book. They won't hold one for you to pick up the next day. That sentence does not speak to the number of books that may be picked up. You can be present and in possession of four tickets. That means you get four books. They don't really want every single person in the venue queuing up at the end of the event anyway. Also, the tickets I purchased have my name on them. I can envision no scenario where they would not honor the tickets and provide the books as advertised.

The Library Policeman
09-24-2013, 05:07 AM
That's me all booked up for Paris! Got my tickets for the Grand Rex event, apartment is booked in Paris and flights are also booked. Fly out from Glasgow on 12th November and return on the 17th. Signing is on the 13th and Grand Rex event on the 16th. Never been to Paris before so really looking forward to it :D

Stockerlone
09-24-2013, 05:23 AM
If anyone wants to sell a signed one, keep me in mind!
Can't make it to NY....

If anyone wants to make me a present on my birthday, tomorrow...
a signed SK book is ok...:excited:

herbertwest
09-24-2013, 06:08 AM
That's me all booked up for Paris! Got my tickets for the Grand Rex event, apartment is booked in Paris and flights are also booked. Fly out from Glasgow on 12th November and return on the 17th. Signing is on the 13th and Grand Rex event on the 16th. Never been to Paris before so really looking forward to it :D

Have you seen the details for the signing?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Stephen will be doing a book signing on Wednesday the 13th of November from 13:00 till 15:00 at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. This will not be a ticketed event and will be on a first-come, first-served basis so we, therefore, cannot guarantee that all who attend will be able to have a book signed if there are still fans waiting in line after 15:00. To accommodate as many fans as possible, there will be a one book per person limit. Fans may either bring the one book from their personal collection or purchase a book from MK2 at the event.

mhelgers
09-24-2013, 06:23 AM
signing in the 13 begins at 1 and end around 3 . I'm thinking of going, making it a weak in Paris . I also have tickets for the 16th and for Hamburg

herbertwest
09-24-2013, 10:58 AM

I knew ;)

Kingfan24
09-24-2013, 11:20 AM
I called center for fiction and spoke directly to a manager -

She told me the policy was always one book per customer because "someone could just buy 17 tickets and try to get signed books"

I told her she would have a lot of unhappy people at the event tonight so she took my number and is going to call me back.

bdwyer19
09-24-2013, 11:24 AM

She told me the policy was always one book per customer because "someone could just buy 17 tickets and try to get signed books"

I told her she would have a lot of unhappy people at the event tonight so she took my number and is going to call me back.

I don't know if I would agree with 'alot of unhappy people'. I would say probably less than 10-15. Still, that is unfortunate.

Kingfan24
09-24-2013, 11:25 AM

I don't know if I would agree with 'alot of unhappy people'. I would say probably less than 10-15. Still, that is unfortunate.

Anyone who bought extra tix expecting a book per ticket would be unhappy

bdwyer19
09-24-2013, 11:29 AM

Anyone who bought extra tix expecting a book per ticket would be unhappy

I agree with that. I just don't think the number of people who did that is going to be very high.

EXPLORER
09-24-2013, 11:44 AM
I understand Center for Fictions side of this....may be Kings thoughts as well. They likely prefer to put books in the hands of people who want them to keep rather than those looking to make a buck off selling them. I also understand anyone who hoped to get extra books with extra tickets however it is like everything else no guarantees, I can't tell you how many times I sought an opportunity where I believed had good option to come away with something signed and did not. It makes the successes sweeter. I too had extra tickets that could go to waste tonite...... HOW EVER ON THE POSITIVE SIDE i MADE FIVE NEW FRIENDS TODAY.... Who feel fortunate to go to something they will appreciate and remember fondly.

Kingfan24
09-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Hey explorer clear put your mailbox - I need to send you a message!

EXPLORER
09-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey explorer clear put your mailbox - I need to send you a message! You can always send an email

Kingfan24
09-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Hey explorer clear put your mailbox - I need to send you a message! You can always send an email

Sent

Gris
09-24-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm listening to the coordinator explain the event to the ushers

EXPLORER
09-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Details?

Gris
09-24-2013, 02:13 PM
White flyer/program for ticket buys. Pink for students that got free tickets. No book for pink flyers. That's rely all they talked about

Dano
09-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Oops. Edited because I might be wrong!

Dan

Dano
09-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Crap....just what I was disputing at the New York Event in my last post.

And I just found out my brother in law cannot make it....so now I have a ticket that may be worthless.

Are you the same Tippy4 I dealt with today? If so, not so worthless! :biggrin:

Dan

tippy4
09-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I am indeed!

See you tomorrow!

Dano
09-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Cheers!

Gris
09-24-2013, 06:03 PM
What did I miss? I asked if I could trade our not signed one for one that was signed, after everyone was gone and the lady told me they had obligations to send some to people and allowing us to trade wouldn't be fair to them. Wtf...

tippy4
09-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I have mixed feelings about that.

On the one hand...you SHOWED UP to the event...so part of me thinks you should get some preferential treatment.

On the other hand, someone else paid the same price you did, and did not get to see the show....so they should get the same chance of getting a book that you had.

I believe I read that at the Cambridge event, they will NOT be sending out signed books...but that makes me wonder....what will they do with them? I mean, at the end of the night, you have to assume they have both signed and unsigned books left over.....

EXPLORER
09-24-2013, 08:15 PM
What I really enjoyed about the NY 9/24/13 event was the interaction between Father and Son.
Owen read from Dr Sleep.... Stephen read from Double Feature..... with genuine hugs and handshakes between them as they returned to seats.
The faces on each were interesting, at times priceless.
They then had a conversation which Owen led off using a Stephen King used trivia book he found in a store.
Stephen did not have all the answers/
. a lot or most with some coaching....
They then each read from their own books.
After Owen read some more graphic sexual text from Double Feature, Stephen noted,"He got that from his Mother."
Before reading a passage from Dr Sleep

Kingfan24
09-24-2013, 08:15 PM
What I really enjoyed about the NY 9/24/13 event was the interaction between Father and Son.
Owen read from Dr Sleep.... Stephen read from Double Feature..... with genuine hugs and handshakes between them as they returned to seats.
The faces on each were interesting, at times priceless.
They then had a conversation which Owen led off using a Stephen King used trivia book he found in a store.
Stephen did not have all the answers/
. a lot or most with some coaching....
They then each read from their own books.
After Owen read some more graphic sexual text from Double Feature, Stephen noted,"He got that from his Mother."
Before reading a passage from Dr Sleep

100 percent agree with that

onlylivingboyinny
09-24-2013, 09:59 PM
^ Agreed with all the above. Total shame their genuine interactions were limited to only a few minutes. The banter between them was excellent.

Gris
09-25-2013, 03:20 AM
I was fun. I was kind of disappointed that Q&A was 1 question. I did enjoy their interaction, but think 1 bout of reading instead of 2 and more discussion would have been better.

Then their is the book thing. They sell the tickets stating that every ticket gets a chance at a signed book. I only had 2 for my and I. Yesterday they sent a message saying it was one per person, not one per ticket and that You HAD TO BE THERE. They would not hold books for people who didn't attend.

Then after the event they won't let us trade our unsigned books for signed ones because they had to mail the rest to people who weren't there.

I've only been to 4 King events like this, but I work for a huge publisher and help set these things up on occasion for our authors. This was by far the most inconsistent and disorganized event I have ever been to.

Gris
09-25-2013, 03:26 AM
PS. I really like when Stephen said that the only thing more special than having your son reading your book was reading your sons

Br!an
09-25-2013, 03:46 AM
Did anyone have an extra ticket who received the extra book? Alternately, did anyone have an extra ticket and wasn't provided a book for it?

sgc1999
09-25-2013, 06:32 AM
I had a couple extras a didn't get a book for any of the extras.

wizardsrainbow
09-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Did anyone have an extra ticket who received the extra book? Alternately, did anyone have an extra ticket and wasn't provided a book for it?

I had 4 extra tix and they refused to give me programs/books...I was with my 12 year old daughter and I decided I was not going to try the end-around game....I decided to just be with her...it was her 1st time seeing King and it was a father-daughter experience....I was not going to spoil it by being pissy.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-25-2013, 07:41 AM
I had 4 extra tix and they refused to give me programs/books...I was with my 12 year old daughter and I decided I was not going to try the end-around game....I decided to just be with her...it was her 1st time seeing King and it was a father-daughter experience....I was not going to spoil it by being pissy.

You can make daughters anytime! This was a signed King book!

JK :)

sgc1999
09-25-2013, 08:13 AM
its Okay, we get to try again of Friday:)

George at C-Springs
09-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Hope the Chautauqua event tonight goes a lot smoother.

barlow
09-25-2013, 11:19 AM

That was a bummer David, did they let both of you get your book and program? So you got two books but had six tickets? I hope your daughter enjoyed they event, has she gone to many of them with you?

Ken

Gris
09-26-2013, 05:32 AM
I'm kind of tempted to send Marsha an email about how crappy this was handled by the venue.

Seems like blatant false advertising to me.

They sold the tickets as "1 book per ticket" and sold the tickets "max 4 per household"

But in David's situation, as I'm sure in others, tickets were given to him by other folks that could not make it. Those people are unable to receive an item that were absolutely told they could receive because of changes made at the last minute. On top of that, a considerable number of books were withheld by the venue to be sent to contributors that weren't even there.

That's the part that really gets me. I was present and couldn't trade my non-signed books for any signed ones that might have been left over because "These books are spoken for by contributors that could not make it and they should have the same chance as everyone else to get a signed copy". Wait... What? So not only can people not get a book per ticket, but a chunk of the signed books are now reserved for people that didn't even buy tickets?

Br!an
09-26-2013, 07:33 AM
As you go in they scan your ticket and give you a program that can later be redeemed for a book. Correct? They should just scan all of your tickets and provide you the programs for each.

If they refuse to scan more than one ticket what's to stop you from exiting and reentering on a different ticket? (Other than being with your daughter.) You should then receive another program.

Was the problem only that they wouldn't provide the extra programs or that they wouldn't redeem more than one?

They need to honor the contract that was made when the ticket was purchased and provide the book.

Robert Fulman
09-26-2013, 08:04 AM
I'm glad I waited on buying tickets for tomorrow night, because I was able to get 2 for $69.99 (total). I'm a little worried that I'll get there tomorrow and find out that the seller sold these tickets eight times over. I'm sure it will be lot of fun.

Br!an
09-26-2013, 08:43 AM
I'm glad I waited on buying tickets for tomorrow night, because I was able to get 2 for $69.99 (total). I'm a little worried that I'll get there tomorrow and find out that the seller sold these tickets eight times over. I'm sure it will be lot of fun.

Be sure to get there first.

Gris
09-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I guess that brings up another factor of how completely organized the NYC event was. If you had physical tickets, they ripped off the stub like you normally would going into a movie or whatever. If you had the printed PDF tickets, they tore off the corner to "mark it". They didn't use any type of barcode reader to scan the tickets. You could literally have printed out 20 copies of your PDF ticket and just kept going in with the same one.

RichardX
09-26-2013, 09:51 AM
I've said it before, but random pre-signed books are an awful idea. Ms. Mod indicated the idea was to discourage those who would later sell on ebay by not guaranteeing that they receive a signed copy. Unfortunately, it also does not guarantee that any fan who travels a long distance will get one either. Not to mention that buying on ebay is a lot less expensive for many fans than getting tickets, taking off from work, traveling long distances, and staying at hotels etc. My experience with many of these book events (as opposed to strictly signings) is that a surprising number of attendees are not interested in waiting around for a signature. They beat it when the event ends. But they have an equal opportuntity to get a pre-signed copy as someone who wants a signed book. Which they probably put on ebay because they could care less! My guess is that the real reason is that King doesn't want to spend hours sitting there signing away and this is a way to avoid that.

Br!an
09-26-2013, 11:59 AM
I guess that brings up another factor of how completely [dis]organized the NYC event was. If you had physical tickets, they ripped off the stub like you normally would going into a movie or whatever. If you had the printed PDF tickets, they tore off the corner to "mark it". They didn't use any type of barcode reader to scan the tickets. You could literally have printed out 20 copies of your PDF ticket and just kept going in with the same one.

That's ridiculous. I am often told that I need to lower my expectations for people. It seems I must lower them yet again.

burial
09-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Nice... so see you in Paris!
I hope we will find each other there ;)

The Library Policeman
09-26-2013, 12:32 PM

Nice... so see you in Paris!
I hope we will find each other there ;)

Yes, hopefully see you there! :D

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-26-2013, 11:19 PM
The copies of Doctor Sleep given out at the Grand Rex event will be in French.

sgc1999
09-27-2013, 03:03 AM
The copies of Doctor Sleep given out at the Grand Rex event will be in French.
that's kind of cool!

DoctorZaius
09-27-2013, 07:25 PM
Hey gang, just got back from Cambridge when King put on a short but more than enjoyable reading followed by a brief Q&A. King wore his best Red Sox attire and did lots of yucking it up about the Yankees! The Boston crowed ate it up. Walked out with two signed copies of Doctor Sleep as well - selling one on ebay for $399 (make me an offer if you want to purchase one off of ebay.

One drawback. The old church the reading was done in had way too many columns. It was so hard for some people to see - someone's gotta vet these places better.

sgc1999
09-28-2013, 07:29 AM
The Colum situation was RIDICULOUS!!! anyone on either side of the church couldn't see squat. Meaning literally half of the people there had obstructed or like me zero view of King.
I was kind of funny listening to King read about whores and swear like a trucker in this big theatrical spectacle of a church. I think a few people thought god was going to strike him down while he cursed from the pulpit. I thought one woman was ready to cry but over all the group laughed there asses off and the reading was killer!

DoctorZaius
09-28-2013, 08:01 AM
I agree with everything you say. I was lucky enough to be able tow see his head only, between two columns. It was a funny opening when the microphone was not working - at first I thought it was joke. Still a fun night. This was my third time seeing Mr. King. The first was a reading/signing for Bag of Bones - and awesome time because King chatted up everyone as he signed. The second was for Full Dark, No Stars - a signing only where King was no so chatty, in truth kind of disappointing. Then last night, which was really entertaining, and I got a couple of signed books.

DoctorZaius
09-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Hey gang, just got back from Cambridge when King put on a short but more than enjoyable reading followed by a brief Q&A. King wore his best Red Sox attire and did lots of yucking it up about the Yankees! The Boston crowed ate it up. Walked out with two signed copies of Doctor Sleep as well - selling one on ebay for $399 (make me an offer if you want to purchase one off of ebay.

One drawback. The old church the reading was done in had way too many columns. It was so hard for some people to see - someone's gotta vet these places better.

Just sold one from this site - thanks Ralph.

Rainet
09-28-2013, 08:35 AM
I went to the Cambridge reading also. This was my first time seeing Stephen King. Been waiting for years for something like this. My wife and I went. We got one signed, and one unsigned book. Made my night.

Funny thing was, the unsigned book had a large scratch line on the cover. I think it was from the box cutter. I didn't realized it until maybe 10 minutes later when we were down the road. I was able to exchange it at the Harvard book store for of course another unsigned copy. Kind of wished I saw it right away and spoke up right when it was handed to me. Who knows, maybe i could of had a chance for another signed book.
But all in all, I am very happy. What a great night. Perfect weather too.

Stephen seems so laid back and down to earth. Interesting, they had a long line for the question and answer session. I was like, wow he's going to answer all of them? He only answered a handful, but that was ok because he really took his time answering questions like up to 5 minutes each. Quality over quantity which is always best.
I just couldn't ask for a more perfect night. A signed book! Just made my entire weekend.

RichardX
09-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Any update on the Toronto event? The website indicated there would be both a book signing and 400 copies pre-signed copies of Dr. Sleep for sale. That's much better than the other events with random pre-signed books and no signing. According to their website, the theater holds up to 446 people. So that makes the odds of getting a pre-signed copy pretty good even if they randomly distribute the 400.

sgc1999
10-01-2013, 04:35 AM
this is one of my favorite appearances/interviews with King. couldn't find a better thread to put it in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OS1IElIAN4

stkmw02
10-01-2013, 06:25 AM
I can't open the link at work... could you tell me where the interview was held/what it was for?

Br!an
10-01-2013, 06:36 AM
I can't open the link at work... could you tell me where the interview was held/what it was for?

If you had the chance to change history, would you? Stephen King's novel "11/22/63" (2011) addresses this very scenario as the book's main character travels back in time on a mission to prevent the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. King talked with KERA's Lee Cullum about the book, Dallas, the 1960s, the Kennedy assassination, as well as his career and politics. This presentation took place on November 10, 2011 and served as a fundraiser in support of the Museum mission. To see additional films, photos, documents and oral histories from the Museum's collection, visit our online collections database (http://emuseum.jfk.org). Or make a research appointment to explore the books, DVDs and other materials available in the Museum's Reading Room (http://www.jfk.org/go/reading-room).

Scoogs
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
Chuck Palahniuk will be in Milwaukee on October 12th.

WeDealInLead
10-01-2013, 09:58 AM
There might be some tickets left for the Toronto event. Call 416-973-4000 and ask. I'd act fast, information was just posted.

tippy4
10-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Tickets show as ***SOLD OUT*** on the PEN Canada site again.

killbourne
10-01-2013, 12:09 PM
any estimation on how many signed DOCTOR SLEEP was signed last week? I wonder because I dont see many being listed on ebay.

Kingfan24
10-01-2013, 12:42 PM
well you figure 250 for each event here in the us so about 750 maybe?

tippy4
10-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Yes...750 between the three events, and less than 5% went to ebay so far.

I tried to buy a signed copy for myself from some lucky "winner" in Boulder.

I asked at least 25 people who had signatures....only one of them briefly considered....but said no in the end.

mosheprigan
10-01-2013, 03:34 PM
I think, according to my calculation, there were 200 + 250 + 400 were signed between the 3 events, so in total it amounts to 850 signed copies till now.
How many trade edition copies have been published by CD?

tippy4
10-01-2013, 03:59 PM
CD did not publish any trade editions....Scribner did.

CD is producing the S/L and gift editions.

Randall Flagg
10-01-2013, 05:10 PM
I think, according to my calculation, there were 200 + 250 + 400 were signed between the 3 events, so in total it amounts to 850 signed copies till now.
How many trade edition copies have been published by CD?
King signed 250 per event.
The number of attendees was different (Colorado had ~1,300) thus the likelihood of receiving a signed copy was significantly different for each event. 3 events equals 750 copies. The hippies in Boulder wouldn't trade their book for cash AND high quality sensimilla. tippy4 and I both tried (I had better pot).

Pasiuk57
10-01-2013, 07:56 PM
I called Toronto people today at 9 am EST and left a very nice message. I called back three more times and finally got a person. He said they were all sold out. I politely said what about my phone call. He had no knowledge of it of course...
Kinda wanted to go!!

mosheprigan
10-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Your'e right tippy4, I meant Scribner. My mistake. Do you know approximately the 1st trade edition printrun of Doctor Sleep?
Thanks

evilash
10-02-2013, 07:25 AM
The PEN event in Toronto had previously sold 400 tickets in a theatre that holds 446. It is not surprising that the realease of additional seats sold out instantly as the new "block" of seats was only 46 based on the theatre's numbers. As I am an Art/English teacher I could be wrong as math is not my strong suit!

jhanic
10-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Your'e right tippy4, I meant Scribner. My mistake. Do you know approximately the 1st trade edition printrun of Doctor Sleep?
Thanks

According to Bev Vincent, the first print run of the Scribner Doctor Sleep was 1.1 million. Not scarce.

John

mosheprigan
10-02-2013, 09:44 AM
John
But if, let's say' about 1200 copies would be signed by King then that's a mere 0.11% of this huge printrun. Quite scarce signed copy.
Remember FDNS? only 400 have been sogned of 1.25 million copies - 0.032% . Scarcer.

jhanic
10-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I thought we were just talking about the trade edition. I agree that signed copies will be scarce.

Just a small correction, too--my notes show about 500-600 signed trade copies of Full Dark, No Stars, not including the 100 signed copies that were done by the Book of the Month Club. I have both a signed trade and a BOMC copy.

John

mosheprigan
10-02-2013, 10:42 AM
John, I think your notes are wrong. King signed only on 400 copies at Riverrun bookstore, Aee this link please:
http://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftalkstephenking.blogspot.com%2F20 10%2F10%2Fsigning-for-full-dark-no-stars.html&ei=RGhMUvbyB6Pm4QSJ7YCAAg&usg=AFQjCNGRfOsthif_PHA-5IX29Ko6hV90Lg&sig2=r9YM75chNGoiebwIGSebTA&bvm=bv.53371865,d.bGE&cad=rja

herbertwest
10-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks

According to Bev Vincent, the first print run of the Scribner Doctor Sleep was 1.1 million. Not scarce.

John

i believe that i've seen this number too. On the NYT or PW.

herbertwest
10-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Coming back from an annual signing event of a french author that i like and with whom I am regularly in touch.

I decided to be a bit original for this signing, and to bring a short story he wrote and published as an ebook. I quite like that story, being on Karma, and I brought a copy I got printed awhile back via lulu.com
He said that he never saw a single printed version before. Signed it (with a doodle, which is a common thing for him, and added the text "a unique copy" :p), before asking me to send him a printed version.

jhanic
10-02-2013, 11:14 AM
John, I think your notes are wrong. King signed only on 400 copies at Riverrun bookstore, Aee this link please:
http://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftalkstephenking.blogspot.com%2F20 10%2F10%2Fsigning-for-full-dark-no-stars.html&ei=RGhMUvbyB6Pm4QSJ7YCAAg&usg=AFQjCNGRfOsthif_PHA-5IX29Ko6hV90Lg&sig2=r9YM75chNGoiebwIGSebTA&bvm=bv.53371865,d.bGE&cad=rja

I think there was more than that one signing, though I could be mistaken.

John

Stockerlone
10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Coming back from an annual signing event of a french author that i like and with whom I am regularly in touch (for instance, every year he invites me to get his proof version of his upcoming book).

I decided to be a bit original for this signing, and to bring a short story he wrote and published as an ebook. I quite like that story, being on Karma, and I brought a copy I got printed awhile back via lulu.com
He said that he never saw a single printed version before. Signed it (with a doodle, which is a common thing for him, and added the text "a unique copy" :p), before asking me to send him a printed version.

PICS !!

tippy4
10-02-2013, 03:23 PM
The PEN event in Toronto had previously sold 400 tickets in a theatre that holds 446. It is not surprising that the realease of additional seats sold out instantly as the new "block" of seats was only 46 based on the theatre's numbers. As I am an Art/English teacher I could be wrong as math is not my strong suit!

The new "block" of tickets was "less than half a dozen" I have heard.

I assume these tickets were those where people were unable to attend, and refunded them...or perhaps credit cards were declined.

tippy4
10-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Yes...750 between the three events, and less than 5% went to ebay so far.

I tried to buy a signed copy for myself from some lucky "winner" in Boulder.

I asked at least 25 people who had signatures....only one of them briefly considered....but said no in the end.

By my count...only about 2% (around 15) have sold, or are for sale on ebay currently.

RandyinAK
10-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Any update on the Toronto event? The website indicated there would be both a book signing and 400 copies pre-signed copies of Dr. Sleep for sale. That's much better than the other events with random pre-signed books and no signing. According to their website, the theater holds up to 446 people. So that makes the odds of getting a pre-signed copy pretty good even if they randomly distribute the 400.

Just Curious; where did you see there would be 400 pre-signed copies? I looked at the Ifoa page and it does say there will be the 1 hour book signing but it doesn't say anything about ticket holders even getting a copy of Dr. Sleep or books available for sale that I could find. Since the venue is roughly only 400 and tickets were $100 I thought that maybe he would just have roughly 400 signed so everyone got one.... ????

herbertwest
10-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Coming back from an annual signing event of a french author that i like and with whom I am regularly in touch (for instance, every year he invites me to get his proof version of his upcoming book).

PICS !!

Will do :)

Stephen King's tickets in Paris seems sold out!

RichardX
10-03-2013, 06:10 AM

Just Curious; where did you see there would be 400 pre-signed copies? I looked at the Ifoa page and it does say there will be the 1 hour book signing but it doesn't say anything about ticket holders even getting a copy of Dr. Sleep or books available for sale that I could find. Since the venue is roughly only 400 and tickets were $100 I thought that maybe he would just have roughly 400 signed so everyone got one.... ????

It's discussed in the comments section at the bottom of their web page. I never believe anything ever told about a book signing. When you show up the rules can be entirely different. So who knows.

tippy4
10-03-2013, 03:10 PM

I was told this by someone at the box office as well...400 presigned books available for PURCHASE, and APPROXIMATELY 400 tickets sold.

mikeyw
10-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Decided to make the trip to Paris - its only a few hours onnthe Eurostar and the chance to hear/see him read again is too good to pass !! Last time was bag on bones ! Hope he will maybe stick around and sign the odd thing - probably unlikely

sgc1999
10-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Decided to make the trip to Paris - its only a few hours onnthe Eurostar and the chance to hear/see him read again is too good to pass !! Last time was bag on bones ! Hope he will maybe stick around and sign the odd thing - probably unlikely

Please tell me "the odd thing", is not a pet name for your genitalia. :emot-roflolmao:

TwistedNadine
10-04-2013, 07:15 AM
I dont think so John. My notes say the RiverRun Bookstore was the only signing event for FDNS and he signed 400

John

TwistedNadine
10-04-2013, 07:17 AM
And we wonder why King sometimes gets pissy and wont sign?

Please tell me "the odd thing", is not a pet name for your genitalia. :emot-roflolmao:

jhanic
10-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I dont think so John. My notes say the RiverRun Bookstore was the only signing event for FDNS and he signed 400

John

I stand corrected.

John

herbertwest
10-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Coming back from an annual signing event of a french author that i like and with whom I am regularly in touch.

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/Collecting/misc/04-10-2013/01.JPG http://club-stephenking.fr/img/Collecting/misc/04-10-2013/02.JPG http://club-stephenking.fr/img/Collecting/misc/04-10-2013/03.JPG

The signatures are saying :
1: For jeremy. Friendly, have a good life.
2: For jeremy. A unique copy. (as i self printed an ebook)
3: For jeremy. Friendly.

RichardX
10-04-2013, 10:10 AM

I was told this by someone at the box office as well...400 presigned books available for PURCHASE, and APPROXIMATELY 400 tickets sold.

Seems to be confirmed now per Ms. Mod. - 400 pre-signed and a one-hour book signing (one book of your choosing per person).

Randall Flagg
10-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Stephen King preparing to punch TwistedNadine:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1381523971-King%20ready%20to%20punch%20twistednadine.jpg

EXPLORER
10-11-2013, 01:23 PM
King was in rare form that night
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/kingjimdeanna_zpsd4bbea24.jpg (http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/jascarpic/media/kingjimdeanna_zpsd4bbea24.jpg.html)

EXPLORER
10-11-2013, 01:25 PM
and he had your back Jerome ...
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/jerome_zps80c764bc.jpg

Lot guy
10-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Explorer,
Was this taken at Ghost Brothers

EXPLORER
10-11-2013, 01:47 PM
At The Mason Awards Event VIP reception Sept 2011 Here is one of some members in right front rows:
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC02353_zps325df4d5.jpg

I believe Mr Cook took this one.

EXPLORER
10-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Explorer,
Was this taken at Ghost Brothers

Did not mean to confuse.. following Jeromes lead of posting an old pic or two of King acting up..

Sadly, I am not attending any current Ghost Brothers event... ... Perhaps in Nov.

sgc1999
10-11-2013, 02:27 PM
At The Mason Awards Event VIP reception Sept 2011 Here is one of some members in right front rows:
http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/DSC02353_zps325df4d5.jpg

I believe Mr Cook took this one.

Lol, that's me on the top left with my chin on my hand.

herbertwest
10-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Nice!
Was it some kind of VIP cocktail thingy?

Randall Flagg
10-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Nice!
Was it some kind of VIP cocktail thingy?
Several years back...I just was transferring some images and saw the "King punches TwistedNadine" pic, and had to post it.
Somehow she always benefits from "Rage"...

Stockerlone
10-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Midnight..... just come back from an other nice 2 1/2 reading event with Kristina Lohfeldt & Rona Walter.
This time.... spookey fary tales...
The last 3 times i meet them, i always forget to take a signed copy from Kristina´s newest book.
This time, immediately after the greeting i ased her for a inscriped copy..... But she forgot all her books for
the event at home...:biggrin:
No big problem, it was a supernice event with a lot of time to talk with both ladys... and.... next week is an other event with both....:emot-roflolmao:

sgc1999
10-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Stephen King preparing to punch TwistedNadine:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1381523971-King%20ready%20to%20punch%20twistednadine.jpg

I love Irony of this picture with your "he was randy and erect with his own continued self-existence" - Steerpike quote at the bottom RF :wtf:

Scoogs
11-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Is there anyone in or near New York city that could attend a signing for me on 11/23?
I'll pay for the event ticket.

tippy4
11-07-2013, 06:28 PM
What signing?

Stockerlone
11-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Still waiting if its possible for me to go to the Meet & Greet with SK in my hometown...

but this is also NICE....
mail just arrived that i have 2 places in the audience at a big German prime time TV talk show with the special guest: STEPHEN KING:excited::clap::biggrin1:

EXPLORER
11-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Still waiting if its possible for me to go to the Meet & Greet with SK in my hometown...

mail just arrived that i have 2 places in the audience at a big German prime time TV talk show with the special guest: STEPHEN KING:excited::clap::biggrin1:
That is cool too. Watching a live taping of TV show can be interesting & fun. King is usually and excellent guest. Enjoy!

stoppoker
11-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Hy,
which TV Station is it and when? I got Ticket for the Reading in Hamburg and I drive to Paris for the sig-event. I will be take the german Version of Salem's Lot to undersign from HIM from Zsolnay Publishers, with amazing drawings!

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzing ! OOOyyyyyeaaah!

Stockerlone
11-09-2013, 11:24 AM
Hy,
which TV Station is it and when? I got Ticket for the Reading in Hamburg and I drive to Paris for the sig-event. I will be take the german Version of Salem's Lot to undersign from HIM from Zsolnay Publishers, with amazing drawings!

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzing ! OOOyyyyyeaaah!

Stephen King is the guest at the weekly talkshow from
Markus Lanz. Recorded 21.11.13 morning..... aired 21.11.13 evening
Think for SK the first time he is on a foreign language talkshow...

Markus Lanz is also the host from the most popular TV show in Europe...
WETTEN DASS...

herbertwest
11-09-2013, 04:01 PM

He will also be on a french literary TV program (and I have an invitation & managed to get a friend of mine invited too, same for the press conference), and he will also be on the main channel's 8pm news!

Regarding tips & questions :
- Since this is november and that there will be some waiting, it MAY rain. What would you put valuable books in, to protect them in a backpack?

EXPLORER
11-09-2013, 06:15 PM
- Since this is november and that there will be some waiting, it MAY rain. What would you put valuable books in, to protect them in a backpack?
Ziplock plastic bags large enough that you can retrieve book quickly.
I would also recommend you use a blank card or paper placed at page you wish signed.

stroppygoblin
11-10-2013, 05:41 AM
Ok Folks, I am attending the Paris Signing next week and Mrs Goblin will be accompanying me so that means a potential 2 books will get signed. The dilemma is WHICH TWO???

I have all the US 1sts with the exception of Carrie and Salem's Lot. My Gunslinger is a 1st/2nd so that is my main book to be signed. I also have a Trade Cycle of the Werewolf (already flat-signed by BW) and a Black house trade 1st flat-signed by Straub. Other books I could take include DT Artist editions (V to VII) or my trade DT IV.

What would you guys suggest? My heart says DT IV but my head is saying COTW. Fundamentally I'm not going to be selling any of them, but I'd like to use the opportunity to increase the value of my kids inheritance by taking the right book! No telling when Mr King will be signing anywhere near me again....

tippy4
11-10-2013, 06:40 AM
DT4.

That is what I did in Toronto.

The downside is that it is a heavy book.

I don't have any inteterest in getting artist or gift editions signed.

TwistedNadine
11-10-2013, 10:13 AM
I would also recommend you use a blank card or paper placed at page you wish signed.

THIS! I didnt mark the pages to be signed and if it hadn't been for my daughter and Mrs Explorer helping me just before I got to King I probably would have been sent to the back of the line for being so disorganized.

DT4.

Ditto

herbertwest
11-10-2013, 11:48 AM

THIS! I didnt mark the pages to be signed and if it hadn't been for my daughter and Mrs Explorer helping me just before I got to King I probably would have been sent to the back of the line for being so disorganized.

DT4.

Ditto

Really, you would have been sent away if you didnt 'mark' the page to be signed ???
thx for the tip about the ziplock plastic bag. Although i dont have any and dunno where to buy those

tippy4
11-10-2013, 01:07 PM
She was kidding about being sent to end of the line...but they do prefer you have your DJ folded to the page to be signed...that way the author can just open the book and sign without looking for the right page. It speeds things along.

King easily signed 400 books in about an hour in Toronto, and that was because there were handlers making sure that people had their books ready when they got to King.

herbertwest
11-11-2013, 07:12 AM

Closed padded enveloppe should do the trick!

burial
11-11-2013, 08:23 AM
already packed and waiting for departure time to Paris...
See you there ;)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-11-2013, 08:27 AM
already packed and waiting for departure time to Paris...
See you there ;)

I am unpacking and heading for the hotel bar...

herbertwest
11-11-2013, 12:20 PM
And my girlfriend who just came back from Scotland didnt pack any Irn Bru.... :-(

The Library Policeman
11-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I'll be there at 9:30 in the morning :D

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
I've just been round to the signing venue and this is where he is doing the singing. This will be the backdrop behind him. (I managed to steal a few poster as well, although they are in French).

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/findak/King_France_zpsfdd42c26.jpg

The Library Policeman
11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Keep me a poster, Mr T ;)

Valerija
11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Hi! I'm going to Paris tomorrow and I'm sooo excited! This will be my very first book signing, so I wanted to ask, what do you think when I should get in line? I'm going there all by myself (I'm from Germany) and I don't know if it's really necessary to sleep outside... The whole night? Though I'd be willing to do that :)

Roseannebarr
11-11-2013, 02:56 PM
i would drive around and when a line starts get in iT!!! We had a 3 pm appt time, people started lining up at 7 am. no reason to wait in line, everybody got everything they wanted signed! but it is fun talking to everyone while in line. 1st time, i wouldnt want to miss it!

Valerija
11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you! It's very close to my hotel, so I'll just check it every now and then. I'm sure it will be fun! And coooold!

Stockerlone
11-11-2013, 03:04 PM
First arrived and first success.... CONGRATS !!!

The Library Policeman
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
At Edinburgh Airport enjoying my 1st beer of the trip whilst waiting on my flight to board. :D

biomieg
11-11-2013, 11:37 PM
Have fun, everyone!

herbertwest
11-12-2013, 01:00 AM
i would drive around and when a line starts get in iT!!! We had a 3 pm appt time, people started lining up at 7 am. no reason to wait in line, everybody got everything they wanted signed! but it is fun talking to everyone while in line. 1st time, i wouldnt want to miss it!

Many people ask this same question. I do not have any answer. I was told that the venue expect 5000-6000 people but i dont know how close from the truth it will be. This is his only signing event in europe since the london one...
All i would say is that i expect people starting slowly to arrive by 7-8.

Roseannebarr
11-12-2013, 07:39 AM
More reports!

TwistedNadine
11-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Nice display
PLEASE Mr RT - More Pics!

I've just been round to the signing venue and this is where he is doing the singing. This will be the backdrop behind him. (I managed to steal a few poster as well, although they are in French).

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/findak/King_France_zpsfdd42c26.jpg

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-12-2013, 10:48 AM
Nice display
PLEASE Mr RT - More Pics!

Went up the Eifel Tower this morning to take lots of photos. Couldn't see a damn thing other than cloud. That was a waste of time.

EXPLORER
11-12-2013, 10:56 AM
SO, You've looked at clouds from both sides now, From up and down?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Sticks fingers down throat. :)

Rahfa
11-12-2013, 05:22 PM

Sticks fingers down throat. :)

You're just mad because you really don't know clouds at all.

Merlin1958
11-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Thank you! It's very close to my hotel, so I'll just check it every now and then. I'm sure it will be fun! And coooold!

Have a blast and.... Welcome to the site!!! Visit regularly and post often!! Look around and visit with the best damn King site on the web!!

When you have 5 posts, all member options become open to you!!!

Good luck at the signing!!

herbertwest
11-13-2013, 06:25 AM
According to Stephen Kings instagram, there were more than 3000 people! With a lot of them arriving after 8-9am....